The Islamic Center of Smithfield congratulates you on the approach of Eid ul-Adha, on Wednesday, June 28. The Islamic Center of Smithfield follows the official announcement of Eid ul-Adha date by Saudi Arabia, as do the vast majority of fiqh councils and the ummah worldwide in observing a unified Day of Arafah and Eid holiday.
The blessed first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah start on Monday, June 19. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) encouraged us to take advantage of these holy days by increasing in our acts of worship: fasting, prayer, supplication (duaa), remembrance (dhikr), and all good deeds. Fasting is highly recommended, particularly on the Day of Arafah, occurring on Tuesday, June 27.
Eid ul-Adha Schedule:
Wednesday 28th of June:
- Prayers gathering at 7:30AM and Prayers Start at 8:00AM fallowed by the Eid khutba.
- coffee, donuts and Kids Juices will be provided
- Men will be praying outside in the tent and women will be praying inside.
- You are welcome to bring your breakfast items if desired.
* Eid Celebration
Sunday 2nd of July from 2PM to 6PM
- Inflatables and games for the kids will be provided.
- Mediterranean Grill / Kabab will be served
We are looking forward to seeing you and your family at the Eid celebration on July 2nd.